- Create a coaching contract that essentially says that you have permission to coach the person.
- Find out what the person’s sincere and honest intention is and align your intentions with it.
- Give the other person the gift of your presence by setting a time and place to hold a coaching conversation.
- The primary medium for all coaching intervention is conversation.
- To have an empowering coaching relationship, you must recognize that people have the inherent creativity, intelligence, and tacit knowledge they need to succeed but may need help in gaining access to it.
- Be willing to discuss the undiscussable.
Source: Robert Hargrove, Masterful Coaching, Pfeiffer & Company